In a few weeks, my husband and I will be taking an anniversary trip to Paris and Rome. This is my first Paris vacation and I want to make sure I am somewhat stylish in the fashion capital of the world! I’ve been doing some research and found out that I may not need to completely overhaul my wardrobe, I just need a few staples to pack that every Parisianer wears. In fact, I actually think these are staple pieces that everyone should have in their closet. Here are just a few of the basics should you be planning a European vacation as well!
1) The Trench coat – Apparently this is a European staple. You can find one just like the one I got on express.com right now. Go for a classic color like Khaki so you can switch it out with any outfit.
2) Bright Lip Gloss – In a city in favor of an all-black wardrobe, a quick and easy way to jazz up your outfit is by adding a bright lip. Try MAC’s tinted lip gloss for a quick and easy pop. Make sure to keep it light on the eye makeup!
3) The ‘Funky’ Sneaker – Slip-ons are everything right now and they just so happen to be perfect for walking the streets of Paris. Here’s the CAVEAT… Parisians do not wear sweat pants and tennis shoes and if you are shopping in this kind of attire in Paris, be prepared to be stared down. So if you are going to rock a slip-on, make sure it’s fun and funky like the leopard ones shown above. I found these on Aliexpress.com and they have every color and style you can think of.
4) Leather Pants – Need I say more? Every woman needs a hot pair of leather pants and word on the street is that you will see the people of Paris even rocking these to the grocery store. Try the fail-safe H&M for a great pair of faux-leather pants that are good quality but won’t break the bank.
5) The Clubmasters – These are my new favorite sunglasses from Ray Ban and are complimentary to any face shape.
6) Wool Hat – Super cute and helps dress up any simple outfit. You can find a classic black wool hat at H&M for $25..and they come in different sizes which is rare.
7) The essential black ‘Flats’ – You may be brave enough to rock heels on the cobblestone streets of Paris, but if you want to look cute and not break an ankle, here are some great black loafers for $15 at H&M right now, for that price, you can get every color!
8) Sweater Blanket – This thing is AMAZING. The name says it all- it’s chic with a pair of leggings or skinny jeans but also the perfect accessory for March weather and long, drafty plane flights.